Hmm what can I say? I’m having bean curd fever! Of course that doesn’t explain why I’ve been idle for nearly 10 days. I make perilla leaves kimchi again and also experimented with some new recipes; resulting in 2 successes and 1 failure. Deep fried bean curds with minced pork is one of the successful experiment.
This dish is really easy and quick to prepare. So simple that you can close one eye to cook. Hehe
Ingredients from top to bottom: hard bean curd, soaked dried shrimps, chilies, garlic and chopped spring onion. You can choose to mince the dried shrimps slightly or just leave it as it is (like what I did).
Wash and pat dry the bean curd and then fry until golden brown.
My gold bars! Haha
Cut ’em into slices and arrange on a serving plate.
Now in a clean wok, add oil. Fry garlic until fragrant. Then add minced pork and dried shrimps. Stir fry until aromatic. Next, add the seasoning and mix well. Once cooked, scoop it over the fried bean curd slices. Add chopped chilies and spring onions. Easy right?
I won’t say this dish is healthy since it involves deep frying but my God you would be surprised at the overall taste. It’s good man! The wonderful aroma of dried shrimp combine with bean curd and minced pork are just perfect. Do not ignore the chilies and spring onions. They have their parts to play as well.
Deep Fried Bean Curds With Minced Pork
Adapted from Beancurd Flavor
3 pieces hard bean curd
150g minced pork
40g dried shrimps, soaked
2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
1 garlic, chopped
1 red chilies, chopped
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Deep-fry the hard bean curd until golden brown.
2. Remove and drain on paper towel. Cut them into slices and arrange on a serving plate.
3. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a wok and stir-fry garlic until fragrant. Add minced pork and dried shrimps and stir-fry until aromatic.
4. Add oyster sauce, light soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and pepper. Mix them well and until cooked.
5. Turn off the heat. Scoop them over fried bean curd slices. Garnish with spring onions and red chilies.