Can’t believe I rarely make dog treats for my dog. I guess the word lazy is the main culprit. Anyway, I chanced upon this good-looking recipe from Damn Delicious one fine day and so far I’ve baked it twice already using my own adaptation. Chester loves it of course. I even gave some to my neighbor’s dog that is really fierce but mellow down once I handed the homemade dog treats to him. Weeee!
Mix pumpkin, peanut butter and whole wheat flour with a spatula. Or you can use your bare hand like me! Then knead the dough for about 1-2 minutes. Use crunchy peanut butter if you have them because your dog will thank you for it. If not, use fine peanut butter.
Bake at 175oC for about 20 minutes. That’s it… very easy. 😉
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats
Adapted from Damn Delicious
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
2/3 cup steamed pumpkin (recipe here; if you follow this, don’t add garlic. The leftover can be fed to your dog)
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1. In a bowl, mix peanut butter, pumpkin & whole what flour with a spatula.
2. Knead the dough so that everything come together. If the dough is too wet, add more flour. If dough is too dry, you can add more pumpkin.
3. On a flat surface, roll the dough with a rolling pin to about 0.5cm thickness.
4. Cut into desired shape using cookies cutters and placed on a baking tray lined with baking paper or silicon mat.
5. Bake in the oven at 175oC for about 20 minutes. Cool completely before feeding the treats to your dog.
6. Store in air-tight container.
Hope your furry pal like it!