I had cookies overload during and after CNY… well not anymore. I’ve tried making Nigella’s chocolate chips cookies before and not the white chocolate chips type and here I have a superb recipe from the The Village Baker’s Wife cookbook; white chocolate chips macadamia nut cookies!
First set the oven to 160oC and line baking tray with baking paper.
Here are some of the ingredients (clockwise from top left); mixture of brown and granulated sugar, mixture of flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, white chocolate chips, eggs and macadamia nuts.
Begin by creaming butter (about 4-5 minutes) – left picture.
Add both sugar and cream until smooth – right picture.
Next add eggs one at a time, beat until the first is incorporated before adding the second. Then mix in the vanilla. Next add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
Using a rubber spatula (or wood spatula), fold in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Will add more macadamia nuts as it’s just not enough for me! Hahaha Macadamia nuts are super expensive here in Malaysia.
Scoop 1 heap tablespoon of dough and place them on the baking tray. Make sure the cookie dough are at least 2 inches apart. Bake on the middle rack for 13 minutes or until the cookies is golden.
They are delicious! These cookies are not like the normal ‘hard’ chocolate chip cookies. These are the soft and chewy version. Parents gave 2 thumbs up.
They can be a little sweet too (from the white chocolate chips).
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
Adapted from The Village Baker’s Wife
Makes 50-60 cookies
1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar (I used 1 1/4 cups)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips or 12 ounces white chocolate, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 1/4 cups unsalted macadamia nuts (recommend 1 1/2 cups)
Note: If you can only find salted macadamia nuts, place the nuts in a sieve and wash them. Spread them out on a paper towel to dry before using.
1. Preheat oven to 325oF (about 160oC). Line baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter for about 4-5 minutes and then add both sugars and beat until smooth.
3. Add egg, one by one, beating until incorporated before adding the second. Add vanilla extract.
4. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the creamed mixture and mix until just incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
5. Scoop out 1 heap tablespoon of dough and place on baking tray. Allow at least 2 inches apart between the cookie dough. Bake on the middle rack in the oven for 13 minutes or until cookies turn golden.
Hope you like it!