I like eating Chinese cabbage but you will seldom see me with it. Why? Because Chinese cabbage is ‘cold’ in nature. Eating lots of it will cause heavier vaginal discharge (sorry guys) and period. This vegetable however is ideal for expelling ‘heat’, promotes urination and treats malaria.
This recipe is adapted from a book called Cook Easy! Eat Healthy! I forgo the use of chicken and stock. Instead I add bean curd sheet. Hope I can share more of the recipes from this book.
Chinese cabbage with dried shrimp and bean curd sheet.
Let’s have a go at it…
Remove the leaves of a medium sized Chinese cabbage and soak with salt. Rinse the leaves well and let it dry.
Take a handful of dried shrimps and soak with warm water (so that it will soften faster).
Next, take a bundle of mung bean thread (tang hoon/glass noodle) and soak with warm water too. Do the same for the bean curd sheet (mine is already soft).
Roughly chop dried shrimps, garlic and slice bean curd sheet about 2cm wide.
Do the same with Chinese cabbage.
Heat oil in the wok. Stir fry ginger and shrimp until fragrant.
Then add in Chinese cabbage. Stir fry it.
Add a cup of water and simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
Lastly add mung bean thread, bean curd sheet, salt and sugar. Cook for another 3 minutes.
It’s yummy. It’s healthy. Hope you like it. 🙂
Chinese Cabbage With Dried Shrimp
Adapted from Cook Easy! Eat Healthy!
1 medium size Chinese cabbage (also known as Napa cabbage)
a handful of dried shrimps, soaked
1 bundle mung bean thread (also known as tang hoon/glass noodle), soaked
2 cloves garlic
2 sheets bean curd sheet (fu chuk in Cantonese)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon oil
1. Tear cabbage leaf and soak with salt. Rinse well and drain it.
2. Soak a handful of dried shrimps and mung bean thread with warm water until soft. Drain well.
3. Soak bean curd sheet with water to clean. Then slice bean curd sheets and cabbage leaf about 2cm wide.
4. Roughly chop garlic and dried shrimps.
5. Heat wok with 1 tablespoon oil. Stir fry garlic and shrimp until fragrant.
6. Add Chinese cabbage and stir fry for about 3 minutes.
7. Add 1 cup of water and let simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
8. Lastly add mung bean thread, bean curd sheet, salt and sugar.
9. Cook for another 3 minutes. Serve with warm rice.