I love egg 🍳 and I love bacon 🥓. I eat them together but not when they are clump up and cook together like this all-day cheddar bacon egg muffin cups. It was unbelievably good when I first made them. Then I made them again and I caught myself giving an automatic thumbs-up to these umami-ful muffins. I didn’t know it will be this good at first. I thought, heh it’s just bacon and egg. What more can you expect? Ohh plenty, man. Plenty! Perhaps one of the reasons these muffins are so moreish is because I made my own smoked bacon. Hehe.
All-day cheddar bacon egg muffin cups are 👌👍
I called this all-day muffins because you can eat it any time of the day whether it’s for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or snack. Anytime you feel like grabbing a bite, go for this muffin. It’s also awesome for parties and picnic. Plus, it’s gluten-free, grain-free, paleo-friendly, keto-friendly and carnivore-friendly. When looking to buy bacon, make sure it doesn’t contain any chemicals and sweetener (if you’re following any diet).
Homemade hickory smoked bacon. These are my last ones.
Cooked bacon (not overly done or crispy) and sliced matured cheddar. I was being kiamsiap (stingy) with the cheddar. Don’t be like me. Add more!
In each muffin cup, line it with bacon. Nope, I didn’t grease the pan beforehand as I’m using non-stick. They do stick a little but just a little bit. Then add half of the cheddar slices by dividing them equally into each cup. Next, crack an egg and top up with the remaining half of the sliced cheddar (divide equally) into each cup. Sprinkle with pinches of salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Bake at 170oC for 10-12 minutes. And that’s it. Very simple steps and even simpler ingredients but BIG flavors. Give it a go and let me know if you like it.
You can make ahead this all-day cheesy bacon egg muffin cups. Keep in the fridge if it’s for a couple of days or freezes it if you intend to keep longer. To reheat, steam the refrigerated muffins or defrosted muffins in a steamer for about 8-10 minutes.
Ideal for packed lunch as well!
I can’t wait to make more of it. Yum!
All-Day Cheesy Bacon Egg Muffin Cups
Makes 6 muffins
6 smoked bacon (I used homemade hickory smoked bacon)
8-12 sliced matured cheddar
pinches of sea salt
1. Cook smoked bacon until almost done in a skillet.
2. Line each of the non-stick muffin cups with bacon. Sprinkle half of the sliced cheddar into each cup.
3. Then crack an egg into each cup and top with the remaining half sliced cheddar.
4. Bake in the oven at 170oC for 10-12 minutes.
5. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, then carefully peel and scoop out the muffins onto serving plates. You can refrigerate the muffins for a few days or freeze them. To reheat, thaw the frozen muffins first or simply remove muffins from refrigerator and steam for 8-10 minutes.