I did a little shopping at Bangsan Market in Seoul, South Korea recently. Bangsan Market (방산 종합시장) which is just across the street from Gwangjang Market is quite a heaven for bakers as this is the place to go if you want to buy stuff like baking moulds, utensils, ingredients and equipment. Initially I thought Bangsan Market is a large market for baking enthusiast but upon visiting this market, I found out the market caters more to businesses like packaging, plastic, sewing and so on. There are only like 2 rows of shops for baking. Still it’s good enough for me as I did grabbed some rare baking stuff that’s not easily available in Malaysia.
My mini haul:
Anti-clockwise from left:
1. Bungeoppang pan 붕어빵 팬 (made in Korea) @ 15,000 won. Bungeoppang recipe here.
2. Cookie mould + alphabet imprints (made in Japan) @ 17,000 won.
3. Gyeranppang pan 계란빵 팬 x 5 pieces @ 6,000 won. Gyeranppang recipe here.
I haven’t seen bungeoppang pan and gyeranppang pan sold in Malaysia before and these two are my prized possession. 🙂
My sis’ mini haul:
Anti-clockwise from bottom left:
1. Wilton icing coloring (these are available in Malaysia easily).
2. Spatula (made in Korea) (also easily available in Malaysia) @ 3,000 won.
3. Pomegranate powder, sweet potato powder, pumpkin powder, cactus flower powder, strawberry powder. These ranges from 1,000 won to 2,000 won for 20g. We bought from a shop called I Love Choco. Address and map available below.
Unfortunately I can’t remember where I bought the rest. For bungeoppang pan a few shops have them. For gyeranppang pan, if I remember correctly it’s just a few shops away from I Love Choco.
아이러브 초코 (I Love Choco)
서울 중구 을지로35길 50
중구 방산동 4-65
Map for I Love Choco baking shop and Bangsan Market (방산 종합시장) (baking area). The baking area is around the purple thumbtack.:
View Bangsan Market (방산 종합시장) in a larger map