I like eating Chinese cabbage but you will seldom see me with it. Why? Because Chinese cabbage is ‘cold’ in nature. Eating lots of it will cause heavier vaginal discharge (sorry guys) and period. This vegetable however is ideal for expelling ‘heat’, promotes urination and treats malaria.
This recipe is adapted from a book called Cook Easy! Eat Healthy! I forgo the use of chicken and stock. Instead I add beancurd sheet. Hope I can share more of the recipes from this book.
Chinese Cabbage with Dried Shrimp and Beancurd Sheet
Meanwhile let’s have this a go…
Take a medium size Chinese cabbage.
Tear it from the end and soak with salt.
Rinse well and let it dry.
Take a handful of dried shrimps.
Soak with warm water (so that it will soften faster)
Next, take a bundle of mung bean thread (tang hoon/glass noodle).
Soak with warm water too.
Soak beancurd sheet (mine is already soft) with water to clean it.
After the dried shrimps has soften,
Roughly chop dried shrimps and garlic.
Next, slice beancurd sheet about 2cm wide.
Do the same with Chinese cabbage.
Heat oil in the wok. Stir fry ginger and shrimp until fragrant.
Put in Chinese cabbage.
Stir fry well.
Add in 1 cup of water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Lastly add mung bean thread, beancurd sheet and seasoning. Cook for another 3 minutes.
It’s yummy. It’s healthy. Hope you like it. :)
Print This Recipe
Chinese Cabbage With Dried Shrimp
Adapted from Cook Easy! Eat Healthy!
1 medium size Chinese cabbage (also known as Napa cabbage)
a handful of dried shrimps, soaked
1 bundle mung bean thread (also known as tang hoon/glass noodle), soaked
2 cloves garlic
2 sheets beancurd sheet (fu chuk in Cantonese)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon oil
1. Tear Chinese cabbage from end and soak with salt. Rinse well.
2. Soak a handful of dried shrimps and mung bean thread with warm water till soft.
3. Soak beancurd sheet with water to clean.
4. Roughly chop garlic and dried shrimps.
5. Slice beancurd sheet and Chinese cabbage about 2cm wide.
6. Heat wok with 1 tablespoon oil. Stir fry garlic and shrimp.
7. Put in Chinese cabbage and stir fry well.
8. Add in 1 cup of water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Put in mung bean thread, beancurd sheet and seasoning.
10. Cook for another 3 minutes. Serve with hot rice.