Do you love pak choy (bok choy)? I do! But it must be the baby version. I hate the ‘adult’ pak choy.
10 years ago I wouldn’t even touch pak choy or any other green leaves veggies. The only veggies I consumed back then were carrots, sweet peas, cabbage, broccoli and baby corns. I hated green leaves vegetables because they’re difficult to chew BUT because I knew now how good leafy veggies are for our health, I force myself to eat them. Found out they’re not bad after all. Haha Though there are still some that I dislike e.g. adult pak choy, kai lan and choi sum. Hehe
I have a packet of organic baby pak choy sitting in the fridge rotting… yes again. Because it’s just a small quantity I need to pair it with something to make it into a beautiful side dish. In came egg tofu. I don’t think I’ve eaten the pairing of ‘em together. Let’s see how it goes.
Pour some oil in the wok and saute garlic until fragrance.
Then add oyster sauce, dash of black pepper and egg white (optional). Mix well.
Taste the dish. Add more oyster sauce to taste or add water if consistency is too thick.
Finally add mini egg tofu and stir fry until baby pak choy is cook.
Tsk, yes the veggies are overcooked. Can’t help it as I only have a pair of hand to cook and snap pictures.
Baby Pak Choy with Mini Egg Tofu
100g baby pak choy (baby bok choy)
1 tube egg tofu (~150g)
2-3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
3 tablespoon egg white (optional)
1. Remove egg tofu from tube and mash it (not too fine).
2. Roll mashed tofu into 1 inch (2.3cm) balls. They don’t have to be perfect.
3. Shallow fry mini tofu balls until golden. Put them aside. As they are frying, they will turn from balls to pancake-like shapes.
4. Pluck baby pak choy leaves and rinse well.
5. Heat some oil in the wok/pan. Saute garlic until fragrance.
6. Add baby pak choy to wok and stir fry.
7. Add oyster sauce and dash of black pepper.
8. Add water if the consistency is too thick or add more oyster sauce to taste. Optional: add egg white and mix well.
9. Lastly add mini egg tofu to pan. Plate the dish once baby pak choy is cook.
10. Serve hot with rice.