Anyone watch the New Scandinavian Cooking show? It’s one of my favorite cookery show and my favorite chefs are Tina Nordström and Andreas Viestad. This show not only introduces me to the unique Scandinavian way of cooking especially Swedish and Norwegian cuisine but also give me so many boost of energy in terms of the surrounding sceneries shots which are so breathtaking and heavenly.
Here I am attempting a simple yet tantalizing recipe adapted from Tina Nordström from her Crayfish Party episode. Do try it because it’s so yummy!
Fresh ingredients: Dill and thyme from my mini garden and king oyster mushrooms.
Chop dill finely.
Chop garlic, onions and mushrooms.
In medium heat, add oil and butter in a frying pan.
Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme. Fry for a couple of minutes and season with salt and pepper.
Add onions and fry for another couple of minutes.
Pour balsamic vinegar and immediately remove from heat. Add dill and parmesan cheese and dash of pepper. That’s it! Tsk add as many parmesan cheese you like.
Fabulous taste and lovely marriage of flavour!
King Oyster Mushrooms with Parmesan Cheese & Dill
Adapted from Tina Nordström’s New Scandinavian Cooking “Crayfish Party“
2-3 king oyster mushrooms (or any kind you can get hold of)
butter and oil for frying
2 peeled garlic cloves
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
fresh Parmesan cheese (adjust the amount to your own liking)
2 heaping tablespoon dill, finely chopped
1. In medium heat, add oil and some butter in a frying pan.
2. Fry the mushrooms, garlic and thyme for a couple of minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Mix in the onion and fry for another couple of minutes.
4. Pour over the balsamic vinegar and remove from heat.
5. Sprinkle with the dill and Parmesan cheese and give it a couple of twists of pepper mill. Place on a plate and serve.