My dad’s been making this lovely steamed minced pork dish every weekend. That’s the way my dad operate. If something is good he’ll cook it every weekend. We don’t cook on weekdays instead we have a Chinese/Nyonya caterer deliver our dinner to us. 🙂
So how yummy is this dish? All I can tell you is the mushroom is so soft and the pork is very flavorful (coupled with bits and pieces of the heavenly salted duck egg-ham tan) until I can just swallow the whole damn thing! LOL It’s so good that I know I must share with you all.
So here it is with dad as the cook and I as the recipe jotter cum photographer.
Next we need 2 salted duck eggs.
L-R: add cornflour, sesame oil, light soy sauce, warm water and dash of white pepper into the minced pork, mix well
Reason for adding cornflour is to bind all the ingredients together and also to have a smooth silky feel to it.
Here’s the result:
Dad’s Steamed Minced Pork With Mushroom & Salted Duck Egg
250g minced pork
4 large Chinese mushroom, soaked, cubed
2 salted duck egg
4 thinly sliced ginger
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp light soy sauce
3/4 cup warm water
dash of white pepper
1. Add water to steamer (can use wok as steamer too) and boil it.
2. Slice soaked Chinese mushroom into small cubes.
3. Clean and cracked 2 salted duck egg into a bowl. Slice salted egg yolks into small pieces.
4. Cut 4 sliced ginger into small pieces as well.
5. Put minced pork, Chinese mushroom, salted egg yolks and whites and ginger into a heat-resistant plate.
6. Add cornflour, sesame oil, light soy sauce, warm water and dash of white pepper into the minced pork.
7. Mix well and smooth the surface. Cover the plate with lid.
8. Steam dish for 30 minutes or until cooked (pork has changes color).
9. Serve hot with warm rice.