Hmm what can I say? I’m having beancurd fever! Of course that doesn’t explain why I’ve been idle for nearly 10 days. I make Perilla Leaves Kimchi again and also experimented with some new recipes; resulting in 2 successes and 1 failure. Deep fried beancurds with minced pork is one of the successful experiment.
This dish is really easy and quick to prepare. So simple that you can close one eye to cook. Hehe
Ingredients from top to bottom: hard beancurd, soaked dried shrimps, chilies, garlic and chopped spring onion. You can choose to mince the dried shrimps slightly or just leave it as it is (like what I did).
Now in a clean wok, add oil. Fry garlic until fragrant. Then add minced pork and dried shrimps. Stir fry until aromatic. Next, add seasoning and stir fry briefly until well combined and cooked thoroughly.
Turn off the heat and pour over the fried beancurd slices. Add chopped chilies and spring onions. Serve immediately. Easy right?
I won’t say this dish is healthy since it involves deep frying but my God you would be surprised at the overall taste. It’s good man! The wonderful aroma of dried shrimp combine with beancurd and minced pork are just perfect. Do not ignore the chilies and spring onions. They have their parts to play as well.
Deep Fried Beancurds With Minced Pork
Adapted from Beancurd Flavor
3 pieces hard beancurd
150g minced pork
40g dried shrimps, soaked
2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
1 garlic, chopped
1 red chilies, chopped
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Deep-fry the hard beancurd into hot oil until golden browned.
2. Remove and drained. Cut into slices, arrange on a serving platter.
3. Heat up 2 tablespoon oil in the preheated wok to fragrant chopped garlic. Add in minced pork and dried shrimps, toss well until aromatic.
4. Add in seasoning, stir-fry for a moment until well combined and cooked thoroughly.
5. Remove from heat. Pour over to the prefried beancurd slices. Garnish with spring onions and red chilies. Serve immediately.