With my latest two posts about making tomato sauce and pizza dough, I’m sure you can predict my next post will be the finished pizza. With Jamie Oliver’s quickest tomato sauce and his easy pizza dough recipe, I made Pizza Margherita. It’s a simple pizza but so delicious.
Adapted from Jamie At Home
Yields 2-3 medium sized pizzas
1. Refer to tomato sauce recipe to make tomato sauce.
2. Refer to pizza dough recipe to make pizza dough.
3. Preheat oven to its maximum temperature and place a large flat baking sheet in the oven to warm up.
4. Take a ball of pizza dough and flatten it.
5. Spoon about 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce onto the pizza base and spread evenly, leaving the edge of the dough clear.
6. Dot the pizza with mozzarella and sprinkle with basil leaves. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
7. Place the pizza base on a pre-warmed flat baking sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes at top rack or until pizza base is golden, bubbly and crisp around the edges and the tomato and cheese topping is melted and hot. Note: Mine cooked for 12 mins.