After watching Korean drama Pasta, I got hooked to the world of everything pasta again. I even made an urgent trip to a spaghetti restaurant to have my fix. Just so happen Happy Together’s Late Night Cafeteria segment has a spaghetti recipe I’ve been wanting to try for so long. Finally took the chance up. This recipe didn’t make it into the winning Late Night Cafeteria hall of fame BUT I thought what a cute way to make spaghetti look like that. Like what? Like this… below:
The name of the dish presented by Clara Lee Seong Min 이성민 to Happy Together’s Late Night Cafeteria is I Went To The Salon (미용실 다녀왔어요). It uses 2 simple ingredients: spaghetti and sausages. All you need to do is stick some spaghetti into the sausages. Interesting right? After that it depends what flavor you want to impart into the dish.
Turn off the heat, then add the cooked pasta, pasta water, 2 tablespoons olive oil and parsely. Mix well. Lastly add Parmigiano-Reggiano and toss well. Serve with extra servings of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Come follow my Instagram account if you have not. Follow CheCheh’s Instragram.
I Went to the Salon Meets Aglio E Olio Spaghetti
Adapted from Clara’s idea, episode 315 of Happy Together
8 cocktail sausages, halves
6-8 garlic cloves, sliced or roughly chopped
3 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons pasta water
pinch of dried chili flakes
1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus extra for serving
1. Stick about 8-10 uncooked spaghetti into each sausages.
2. Cook the pasta following the method provided by the packet.
3. Drain and set aside the pasta. Remember to keep some pasta water for later use.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute garlic (stir frequently) until it turns just golden. Add chili flakes (if using) and cook for 1 minute more.
5. Off the heat, add the cooked pasta, pasta water, 2 tablespoons olive oil and parsley. Toss to combine.
6. Lastly add Parmigiano-Reggiano and toss again.
7. Serve immediately with extra servings of Parmigiano-Reggiano.